BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The hospital diet


Just today I started a diet called the hospital diet. It is a low carbohydrate diet which is supposed to change the whole metabolism and make your stomach smaller, so you can't eat as much and won't feel hungry as often. What happens during this diet is that you body goes into this ketosis state, meaning that you are burning fat even when not doing anything, it's permanent.

When a body is given less than 50 grams of carbohydrates it goes to this constant fat burning mode. Ideal for someone who needs to get fast results. It's made for people who have some extra pounds on them, so it's not suitable unless you really are overweight.

The diet lasts for 13 days with 7 different type of days. Mostly it contains meat and vegetables. Coffee and some fruit are allowed. The diet is extremely hard.


Here's the complete diet:

Day 1&8: Morning: 1 cup coffee, a lump of sugar Midday: 2 hard-boiled eggs, 1 tomato, steamed spinach Evening: 1 large grilled steak, salad w. oil/lemon


Day 2&9: Morning: 1 cup coffee, a lump of sugar Midday: 1 slice ham(50gr), 1 cup natural yogurt Evening: 1 large grilled steak, salad w. oil/lemon, a fruit (apple,orange,)


Day 3&10: Morning: 1 cup coffee a lump of sugar, 1 slice of toast Midday: Boiled spinach or cauliflower, 1 tomato, 1 fruit Evening: 1 slice ham (50gr), 2 hard-boiled eggs, salad w. oil/lemon, fruit


Day 4&11: Morning: 1 cup coffee, a lump of sugar, 1 slice of toast Midday: 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 grated carrot, 250gr cottage cheese Evening: 1 can fruit salad, 1 cup natural yogurt, banana


Day 5&12: Morning: 1 large grated carrot w. lemon Midday: 1 fillet lean fish, w. lemon, toast Evening: 1 large grilled steak, salad w. broccoli and oil/lemon


Day 6&13: Morning: 1 cup coffee, a lump of sugar, 1 slice of toast Midday: 2 hard-boiled egg, 1 grated carrot Evening: 1 piece of chicken, salad w. oil/lemon


Day 7: Morning: 1 cup tea or coffee without sugar Midday: 1 slice grilled meat (lamb or veal cutlet) Evening: nothing


Your allowed to have what's meant for evening in midday, but you can't change the actual menus. Nothing is to be left out or added. If so much as chew a chewing gum, the diet is advised to be terminated.

You can only drink water during this diet and at least 2litres per day.

It is promised that if you slavishly follow the diet the results should at least last up to 2 years, of course with healthy lifestyle. If you quit the diet after six days, the results will remain and you can try the diet again but not after 2 months. If you succeed to complete the whole thing, you can't try it again until after one year.


I know that random diets aren't the est choice for loosing weight but u gotta start somewhere and I find this very easy doing it this way. This is a good kick start towards a healthy lowcarb lifestyle.


So I'm on my first day and so far so good. So far I've had coffee with a lump of sugar and steak with salad, oil and a slice of lemon. Still have one meal to go and it's already 6pm, yeay!

I've done this diet once before and it was a success, lost about 6 kg. But I'm nervously waiting for the side effects; anemia, dizzy, tired and what not. I'm a student and I work, so not really ideal for me, but hey a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

My goal is to loose at least 6kg again during this diet. I'm not going to tell you my starting weight for now, cause I'm very sensitive about it. But, I promise to tell you everything else, how I feel, how much have I lost in kilos and in centimetres. I will also add before and after photos when I'm done.


Wish me Luck!


0 comments: